Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update

So for all of my maybe 3 readers I have an update on the "diet" status.

Last week Matt and I traveled to Savannah GA for a week of relaxation. We left Monday afternoon after my follow up appointment with my weight doctor. I had lost 6 lbs. in 2 weeks. I had followed his plan almost perfectly, no carbs, a little cardio.... and did i mention NO CARBS!!!!

Well lets just say that vacation was a BUST. I ate some of the most delicous fried seafood I have had in a long time. Part of me feels like a failure, while part of me feels like I can start fresh.... which is what I did until tonight @ 7:30 when I inhaled some chicken nuggets (my BIGGEST) weakness with some french fries and a Sprite. Yes, thats right I drank a regular soft drink. Who does that? Well obviously I do. Haus-Cat.

Well you know how Oprah, Dr. Phil, and all those "know it alls" say that there is a direct correlation between eating "issues" being overweight and your emotions, aka... outlook on life.

Well i didnt mention that my doctors appointment was a big let down. After 2 weeks of 100% comittment to his plan for me, and completely worrying myself silly over having insulin resistance.... He told me that my labs came back wrong and I would have to have them redone, and he thinks that we should continue on with the low carb and cardio. Well pushover me, morphed into some crazy lady with an actual backbone... I told him i was highly dissapointed in this since i had to miss work and fast for these labs, and I had done tons of research on insulin resistance and was completely sold that this was my problem. i told him that I could have put myself on the low carb diet for free. Without all of these office visit costs. So he decided to make some changes. He said that he wanted to take me off of the anti-anxiety medicine i have been on for the past 2 years and replace it with something else. Hmmm.... well atleast thats movement i guess. ... still highly dissapointed in the lack of answers.

Now I am completely off of my old medicine, started the new and I think i am suffering major withdrawl from the first medication. After doing research on the medication, I have found things on the internet that my doctor NEVER went over with me... including horrible withdrawl symptoms, some of which i am experiencinng... Heinous headaches, more like lightning bolts in my head, nauseousness that I have never expereinced before... I am struggling to keep anything down... as i type this, i feel like I am about to puke up my coveted chicken nuggies. What is the deal?

I would really appreciate your prayers during this time of "Transition" I am a little frightened by what is going on with my body and apparently my brain. I just want things to regulate.
My wonderful fiance has been amazing through the past 48 hrs of being engaged to a raging lunatic. I feel like I am sick, and a hospital visit wouldnt be the worst thing... and may be in my near future. I have written the longest blog ever... so sorry... i told you.... me = raging lunatic.

PS: I got a tattoo in Savannah... sorry Mom & Dad... i had to break the news somehow. Remember I am in a fragile state when you want to kill me.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a bummer! I'm glad you said what you did to the doctor though & they should make it right, since it was their fault. You go girl! :) No carbs is HARD. I'm not going to lie. It takes some major will power - but the outcome is definitely worth it. I'm big on the Atkins bars from the grocery store for breakfast. I'm too rushed to fix anything. Some other things that keep me going are low carb ice cream bars & bubba burgers cooked on the george foreman grill with lots of cheese on top (cheddar. Mmmm!). Those burgers are more like a steak than other hamburgers and just yummy! I always eat my burger with different low carb things too... like tomato, cucs, some salsa on top... there's lots you can do. Ok, this is a book. I better stop!

PS - I'm going to add a link to your blog on mine so I can see when you write a new post - if that's ok with you.

Lauren said...

Absolutely. We can keep each other motivated! And I love the menu ideas! Yay!

Anonymous said...

holy krap!!! i didn't know you got a tattoo!!! i need to see it!!!! you keep up with your blog way better than me and i am super impressed...ok love. see ya later....