Monday, February 15, 2010

This Much I know is True...

It has been almost a year since I have posted a blog. But I have written. A ton. Just not publicly.

The reason being, I was fearful of putting my voice out there for loved ones and maybe random readers to see how not perfect my life has been. It has been a little on the chaotic side. A bit more surviving than thriving...

But don’t let me mislead you…there has been a good amount of beauty & hope and fun in the process of picking up the pieces and "Surviving 2009." I should get one of those T-Shirts made like the ones that say "I survived Hurricane Hugo." ha. It would definitely be a conversation starter.

And I guess that’s what is inspiring me to go write again…To share my story, my heart, my imperfections, and most of all to share the hope.

Instead of writing pages of what has happened over the past year… I am going to start at today. here. And rather than giving details of all the shenanigans, heart breaks, mistakes, lovers, losers, late nights, laughter, tears, family, sweet moments, road trips, disappointments, packing and unpacking of boxes, insightful conversations, glasses of red wine, friendships that grew, friendships that were lost, friendships that were born again… I am going to meet you right here.

With all that has happened in the past year, I am grateful to say I have grown. I have changed. I have been stretched beyond what I thought capable of myself. I cannot pinpoint a day or time, but one day I woke up and thought, "I am different."

And if there was a feeling to cover the past year… It would be gratefulness.
Because yes, there were moments where I felt so alone in this world… feeling that there would never even be a drop of water to quench my thirst… and that my time in the wilderness would never end. But I am here to tell you it did. And I found myself again. And when I did, I realized I’m not really all that bad…Actually, I am pretty great.

I read a quote in a magazine a few months ago that said, “When a woman becomes her own best friend, life gets a lot easier.” I know it is wisdome from a grocery store check out line, but I have found it to be so very true. And yes, my heart is extremely grateful.

1 comment:

a.mann said...

i love you.
and i miss you so very much.