At the start of a new year it seems like the world is consumed with reinventing themselves and striving for perfection. In years past, I have fallen into this trend... trying to get into a certain size jeans or make it to the gym 7 days a week...While these goals are admirable... they are all surface... It seems everyone I know, including myself, has broken almost every resolution that has been made....The old saying "loose lips sink ships" comes to mind. You go around advertising the big changes you pland to make, and then a couple weeks down the road...you brush it off as an effort made that was never fruitful.
That is why this year I am taking a different approach.
After a month or prayerfully considering what kind of changes I would like to see occur in my life... These are the things that came to mind.
Set Boundaries in Relationships:
I guess after taking a good look at myself I have realized that I am a bit of a pushover. I pray, that in 2008 i have set boundaries in my relationships so that I dont spread myself too thin, and put myself whole heartedly into every relationship I have.
Healthier/ Happier Me:
No. This isnt a "I want to loose fifty pounds and wear designer jeans" goal... this is me saying... i want to make a concious effort to get healthy. More excercise, more fruits and veggies, and sleep. Sounds good.
*note: After a scary dr.s appointment, this is a top priority for a number of reasons. But to set some minds at ease, i have been forbibdden to ever be a "low carber" again... I hear your sigh or relief.. haha.. i know i can be nasty when i am deprived of bread and sugar :)
Come to my Calling:
I started this "evaluation of Lauren" over the holidays because I felt like I was leaning on the Lord to just show me exactly what I needed. I had this image that the Lord was going to come down (clouds part) music starts up (something inspirational of course) hmmm think something like the forest gump feather song... and he would say "Lauren, my child you are supposed to do ______ (fill in the blank) with the gifts I have given you. Go. Do it. And by the way compliment J.B. on your hair, the color looks fabulous."
haha.
Obviously that isnt going to happen.... so I am committing to really listening to Gods voice in my life. WHich for me, means making the effort to pay attention more. And my paying attention that means being still. Making time for myself and Him.
I will share that last week at small group I felt like i had my first step in this journey.... After a friend introducing me to an organization/fundraiser for suicide prevention To Write Love On Her Arms
I felt that tug. The one that makes you feel like maybe this is it.... Maybe you were called to help the broken. To help those who cannot help themselves, and lead them to the Provider of the type of love and peace that is overflowing and unconditional.
I know its just a start.... but when I really think about it... it makes sense... that God has brought me through the trials for a reason, that maybe i could be a guide for girls struggling with depression to Him... His love... His peace...
If you are interested in finding out more about To Write Love On Her Arms and read about the story that started it all you can go to: www.twloha.com and click on The Story
Wow... I feel like I have written a lot for my first blog... I must say... I am a bit proud of it... More to come I promise....
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok. so i just noticed that we both gave a shout out to TWLOHA on the exact same day. i think we are reading each others minds...
i like your thougts. alot.
Post a Comment