I dont know if its because the sky is grey and there is "snow" more like slush on the ground... but I am feeling a little nostaligic for some friends of mine...not to mention a little guilty... and perhaps a bit selfish.
I believe the last time I looked out the window and saw little patches of white snow was when my dear freind Jessi had her little boy Elias. Oh what a happy day it was!!!!I remember getting to the hospital early the afternoon after he was welcomed to the world...and having some precious time with Jessi between visitors and nurse check ins and feedings...
I remember looking at her when she dozed off (which never lasted more than over a minute because of the excitement) and thinking to myself, thank you so much Lord for her, my heart is so grateful.
It wasnt much later that afternoon when all the other ladies flocked in.... see we had started a tradition of watching Grey's Anatomy on Thursday nights. And whose to say something like having a baby would stop a tradition...
It just so happened that it was on one of those Thursday nights i rekindled friendships with these 2 women, now in Washington state... Jessi and Kalle.
So what provoked my little stroll down memory lane.... well i will tell ya....
I just went "blog hopping" (like that dontcha?) and was catching up on these 2 amazing lady friends of mine that moved away ...and when i see their pictures and read their words, I hear their voices ...and then their laughter...and i ache a little...
See these ladies... They are on crazy fire for the Lord, so much so, they trusted Him with their families, their finances, their lives pretty much.... and packed it up and headed out west...
It seemed to all happen so fast... They broke the news one day, and it felt like the next day off they went...peace out girl scouts....:)
So here I am, sititing at my desk a little embarrassed to find myself tearing up while reading the positings on what is new in their worlds.
The tears are not because I am sad, but because I love them so much and I am just so excited for them...for a little while, they were part of my family...
because the love story they are writing for the Lord is one of the sweetest....most beautiful things that I have been close enought to actually touch...And that well, its inspiring... And I thank God for what He is doing in their lives.
So there is my shout out to Washington state. I love you ladies! And I hope I get to make a visit soon :)
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Come on now... what are you trying to make a hormonal prego do? Cry her eyes out? I love you so much and words can't express what you mean to me - as well as all of my memories of you and how sweet a season that was to have you so close.
Post a Comment