Thursday, January 24, 2008

Show Me Grace






So this morning I woke up cranky.

Why? I don't know. I wanted to pout, stomp my feet, and throw a raging temper tantrum. I was that kid in Target that you walk by and say a prayer for their poor mom... and a selfish prayer for yourself, "Lord, puhleasse don't let my child be like that."
I mean its just uncomfortable for everyone on aisle 5.

All I really wanted from this morning was to pull the covers over my head and hide. I felt annoyed, agitated and restless. Maybe its hormones...but it is U-G-L-Y....

Maybe I am tired.... but i dont think that is it.

I think I am being challenged. Challenged to see the good in the bad... the ade of the lemon (I am referring to the taking lemons and making lemonade..haha)

Usually I would be the first in line to say, "My glass is half full!."Actually as of lately, I have felt like my glass has been overflowing, and I would gladly give anyone who is thirsty a sip of the joy I have had.

So what is wrong with me today? Whyyyyyy am I being challenged? It is taking actual effort for me to find some silver lining to the little grey cloud that is hovering over my head. Now don't get me wrong, I am not unhappy... I am simply agitated and aggravated. Restless.

Maybe this is where I need to try to live out some grace. haha. I have put a lot of time and effort in trying to understand the concept of Grace. And I truly don't think I will every grasp its enormity. Ever. But goodness gracious, I would love to have a handle on that kind of love and patience. It seems so far out of reach... but I am reaching for it... always. I will never stop trying.

I need to remind myself that I am just being molded into the person the Lord wants me to be.

There are going to be other mornings that I will wake up and think, "Wow I am a selfish, spoiled brat!" But it is my prayer that they become fewer, and I become more and more patient....

But he said to me, “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.” So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can live in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Change doesn't occur over night... especially for someone like myself, who is flawed as flawed can be.... A "hot-mess" some may say... but I guess that is where it comes back down to that word again, the word that is ringing in my ears and going over and over in my head.... GRACE... Live graciously, Love selflessly, bless those around you... hmmm...

If my 25 year-old on the verge of a temper tantrum self, has Grace and Love poured over me daily....even on a morning like today... who's to say there isn't hope for the rest of us?

God is soooooo good... and I don't deserve a bit of it... and well, that's what makes Grace so amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....i think we are both being challenged...i need to learn patience and peace and grace...yesterday i was challenged in the form of a flat tire, a dead cell phone and just being an overemotional girl... sometimes i just need to breathe and pray and let God take care of it. but sometimes thats the hardest thing to do just to make things easier.
love ya.
kelly