Tuesday, January 29, 2008

....Still Waiting.....

So right now I feel like the theme song of my life is that cheesy music you hear in the waiting room of any of your favorite doctor's offices. Flipping through magazines that you hesitate to even touch because of the germs... you try to get your mind off of that dull sound....tick tock.. tick tock... Waiting.
I have never looked around a waiting room, as an adult, to see a room full of smiling faces. Everyone looks agitated, sick, tired, or anxious. You would think in such a fast-paced world at least one person would appreciate the gift of stillness.
To just be.
I guess in a doctors office most people are waiting on a test result, or to be healed from their ills... but still.. my point being....
No one enjoys waiting.
The past week I feel like I have been waiting on something big. Big news. Big Advice. Big anything.. Hey, i just know its big... and well...I hate to tell ya... there hasn't been any fireworks.... there hasn't been a fog horn blaring...saying, LAUREN TATE GO THIS WAY!!!!
It's unfortunate isn't it?
That the world doesn't bend the way I need to when I need it to.. haha... jk. ;)
Seriously though... all this waiting (and trust me... patience is a virtue I am totally lacking, but slowly working on..)
All of this waiting, I am confident holds a purpose.
I have been reading A LOT.... Studying the Bible... trying to find some comfort during this period of waiting.... actually, I have been searching for a WAITING FOR DUMMIES section... but it seems that isn't listed in the index.. hehe. ;)
And well....
What I've got to offer is this... waiting isn't a time to be used for complaining, For whining... For being pushy in efforts to get your turn....it won't work.
He won't see us until He's ready. Just like the doctor comparison, our Maker is in charge. We are on His watch.
I need to see this period as a gift. Like I am being stirred slowly, not quite ready to be served. There are some things that need to be prayed for... people who need to be spoken to... growing that needs to take place... before its time....
I am actually kind of excited about this place I am in.... "The Waiting Room"...
I look forward to the quiet, the reading, the learning... the streching of myself...and mostly the stirring up of the hope in my heart...
and when my name is called... I just may pee my pants because I know it will be well worth the wait. :)

We were saved, and we have this hope. If we see what we are waiting for, that is not really hope. People do not hope for something they already have. But we are hoping for something we do not have yet, and we are waiting for it patiently. –Romans 8:24-25

The Lord God has put His spirit In me, because the Lord has appointed me to tell the good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort those whose hearts are broken, to tell the captives they are free, and to tell the prisoners they are released. –Isaiah 61:1

1 comment:

Erin said...

you should blog more, I like it.