
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of sitting down with the pastor of my childhood church.... and let me tell you what a delight it was to meet with him. :)
It has been atleast 5 years since I have seen this man, and I really had no clue what to expect from our meeting. Two weeks ago, I had seeked him out for some guidance concerning the direction of my life, etc.... and yesterday we connected, and what a blessing it was!!! The Lord is so sweet in the divine appointments he calls us to in our walks with him. This appointment was no exception.
I know in a previous posting I had mentioned the theme of waiting... and I guess the only progress i have to update you on, is that I have transitioned from waiting to seeking. It makes me think of the old hymn and well known scripture, Seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all things things shall be added unto you.... hallelujuia.....
So over a week has passed...and I am seeking. This week at our small group, we ladies discussed expereincing the JOY of Jesus. Sounds cheesy... but its actually quite complicated.
See... we commonly look at joy as a passing emotion. Joy could be in line with embarrassment, happiness, confusion, heartache.... but as I have learned it is very different.
Joy is a gift from the Lord. Unlike happiness, Joy is something we choose to accept. Consequences and circumstances cannot quench a heart that has expereinced joy given to us from the Lord.
I told you these things so that you can have the same joy I have and so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy. -John 15:11
What is funny about this choice, is that once you make a proclomation of choosing joy.... things seem to fall apart all around you... Ever noticed that before in your life???
Well be encouraged because we are promised,
My friends, do not be surprised at the terrible trouble which now comes to test you. Do not think that something strange is happening to you. But be happy that you are sharing in Christ's sufferings so that you will be happy and full of joy when Christ comes again in glory.-1Peter 4:12-13
I am currently completely at peace with my struggles.
I have been a swimmer my entire life and I found myself once in a frightening situation.
I was out in the ocean with a friend bobbing in the waves, playfully splashing and attempting some impressive water dance moves.... when we realized we were REALLY REALLY far out. Both of us being strong swimmers, started trying to swim towards shore... The harder we fought the current, the more we began to panick, because we realized we were stuck in a riptide. Realizing this we looked at one another and even said out loud "we are going to drown." But still, we continued fighting the current. Finally out of exhaustion... we gave into the force and were pulled out further.... to be spit out a few miles down shore safely.... Thank the Lord.
I dont really know why I thought of that story. It actually was one of the scariest experiences of my life.... but I think it makes a point. The point being, sometimes we literally, figuratively and spirtually have to let go. The harder we fight, the more we will wear ourselves down. Part of living in joy, is having an unshakeable peace. That peace comes from confidence in the Lord.
So here again I proclaim, I choose joy... I choose peace... and i will continue to seek the Lord in the midst of my struggles and questions.....
Bring on the waves...
I am ready for the ride....
No comments:
Post a Comment