
So I realize I haven't blogged in almost a month! Shame on me! Please forgive me...
The truth is... life got crazy and I got lazy. As you can see I am also a poet. :)
The past three days an old hymn has been ringing in my ears, repeatedly. And I have taken so much comfort in its words. And today it is my prayer.
Before I share the lyrics... I have a confession to make.
Part of the reason I haven't posted is the dissaray my life has been the past month. I have been presented with many big decisions and even difficult circumstances. I think its funny how all that goes on around us clouds our vision. It can even feel like it all tumbles down on top of us sometimes. I compared the way I felt last week being old gum on the bottom of a shoe. Chewed up, spit out, stepped on, peeled off and eventually tossed in the garbage. I know, its inspiring.
I think we have all been there before. Feeling worthless...thrown to the side. But do NOT lose heart. That is not the end of my sharing... hehe....
The clouds will part. We are not worthless... that is against what God says we are. We may be thrown to the side, kicked to the curb, picked last for the team.... but with a clear vision.... and a full heart... you may see it differently. Not as defeat, but as divine opportunity.
I pray that you find that kind of clairty. I am thanking God for lifting the fog and sharpening my senses. I feel like I'm back... and I am extremely grateful.
Here are the Lyrics that I have been humming for the past few days.... May you find the same comfort that they have provided me:
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
I love the last line. Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, still be my vision, O Ruler of all.
Sweetness.
Photo: Miss Kelly McGauran - talented lady that I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment