Friday, August 1, 2008

Diet..... the very scary word

After seeing my doctor this week I have been told that I may have Insulin Resistance...which from what I know (which isn't very much) is pretty serious. It kind of scares me a little, but it honestly kind of made me feel super relieved. Now I know that I am not crazy, or lazy. My body just doenst process sugar like most folks. Thats why I had so much success with the Lo-Carb diet... and then failed miserably at all other diets along the way. I may just ramble off the list for poots and giggles: Slim-Fast, Jello Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, Weight Watchers, Nutri-System, and then there was the Lemonade Diet.... which was just ridiculous. It was more like a fast where for my "meals" I drank Lemonade, which was water with fresh squeezed lemons, a itty bit of organic maple syrup and then curry powder. I am sure you think "Curry Powder??!" Me too, its gross. I lasted 3 miserable tart ala spicy days.
So here is the deal. I am back on Lo Carbs. SURPRISE!!! After saying I had sworn it off, the Doctor has decided it may be the best thing for me and my health right now. So here is his prescription: Cardio for 20 mins 3 times a week. Lo-Carb Diet.

Hmmm.... I am actually hopeful this time for some success. Wedding photos are quite the motivator! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Lauren. I'm Amy and we went to high school together, I was a grade below you though. I don't know if we've ever really talked but I know who you are so maybe you know me :)

My dad and my grandma are both type 1 diabetics and when I was pregnant I had the worst case of gestational diabetes that my doctor had ever seen. Insulin is a wacky thing. I was on a low carb diet through my entire pregnancy (pure misery). Once I had the baby, I began eating regularly and never lost much weight - so I am back on low carb lifestyle as well. I know it's not fun but it definitely does help people with insulin problems. Good luck on it and congrats on the engagement!

Amy said...

PS - Ive been blog stalking you for like 6 months! Haha!

Lauren said...

Amy you are hillarious. Let the Blog Stalkers Unite!!!

Ginny Elizabeth said...

hi love.
do you know how long it took me to find you? i am like nina smith when it comes to blogs. i stink at them. i do not know how these things work. do we add people? or how can i save someone's link? anyways, i love you. i am so glad you went to the doctor and figured this out! as scary as it is, what a releif that he knew why certain diets haven't been working.
i know you "love" the no carb diet... good luck on it. maybe i will join you when i come home, if i come home.

but i will be praying for you about this.

lovess you tons. xo.