Monday, March 8, 2010

Lift up my head...

Psalm 3: 3-5
But you are a sheild around me, O Lord;
you bestow glory on me, and lift up my head.
To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill.
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

The sermon at church yesterday was centered around this passage. I know that God wants to use this to humble me through its message. The pastor pointed out that to have the Lord lift our head, we must first humbly bow it before him. It makes you ask yourself have you humbly bowed your head before the Lord lately? Have you bowed your head before him and given him all that burdens your heart so that he can use it in a way that is beautiful and glorifies him?
That is the kind of scripture that brings you to your knees... in the best way possible.

1 comment:

Kelstar said...

hmmm...this is real good! i didn't know you were blogging again... i like it.