So 24-7 was uhmazing. If you live in Charlotte and you are craving some sweet time with the Lord please check it out. You can see their website at
www.charlotte24-7.com
There is so much to do its a bit overwhelming. Just find a spot that speaks to you and make yourself at home. I know I will be going back soon so let me know if you want someone to go with ;)
Today Matt and I got to hang out with some of our middle schoolers and we are so pumped for the year ahead of us. Today we had all boys, and man-oh-man we have our work cut out for us. I will take some pics next Sunday so you guys can see our new middle school friends!
I am officially interning for Forest Hill church as a Middle School Youth Leader for their Rock Hill Campus. I can't believe it! God is so good. Even in the midst of the health problems I have been experiencing, God has been pouring into me what I need to stay focused and energized about the heart of kids in Rock Hill. And also, I am so excited about the staff I get to work with! It is just a huge blessing all around, and I am so ready for this new journey with the Lord.
The past few weeks have been really hard emotionally and physically and the Lord has given me strength in my quiet times with Him. It is amazing how his Word can be and is a true source of strength.
I have found a lot of peace in the following verses and I am sharing in hopes they will speak to your hearts as well:
2 Corinthians 12 9-10
He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Psalm 18: Just read it. All of it.
Another thing that has been ringing in my ears... "You made my ashes into beauty...." I like it a lot.
Thanks friends for your prayers and support the past few weeks. I am in high hopes that I am through the worst.
xoxo.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment