This is happening. This is real. The past 4 days I have been walking around like a deer in headlights... in a daze... sort of confused... sad... angry... fighting bitterness... but I am still breathing.
Still walking..
Still making my way...through the fog.
I am holding on to my faith in the Lord and praying that my obedience to Him is honored.
Trying to make sense of something so insane is hard.
I read a quote the other day that brought me a great deal of peace,
" Not every experience has to end well for it to be valuable and life changing."
My life has definitely changed... and the future I had laid out in my mind, is definitely not there anymore.
What am I doing? How am I going to get through this? I dont have a clue.
I am just trying to focus on truth:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
I am incredibly blessed to have the wonderful friends & family that I have in my life. That are patient. They understand that talking about all that is going on is too painful right now.
They just show up, or send words of love and encouragement. I cannot express how grateful I am to those of you. Seriously. You are my glue right now.
Thank you for your prayers. Your love. Your support. I am a better person for being loved by such amazing people.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lauren-not sure what is going on...but girl...we are in prayer for you.
If you'd like to talk...I actually have gone through this (broken engagement) and I thought I wouldn't survive...but God...well...he surprised me.
Call...anytime.
Post a Comment