Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Never Forgotten - A devotion by Darien Cooper

I read this sweet devotion and had to share:

Have you ever felt abandoned, forsaken, or tormented by those closest to you, perhaps even your family members? Those closest to us can often bring us a greater degree of torment or hurt than anyone else. However, we can be comforted by God's word to us:

Can a woman forget her nursing child, and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before Me.
Isa. 49:15-16

Turn to Jesus as you would your most trusted and precious friend. Realize that He is welcoming you into His presence with outstretched arms. Pour your heart out to Him; tell Him all about the pain.

Ponder this thought: Right now, just as you are, both the Father & the Son love you as much as they love one another.

That they may all be one; even as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they may also be in Us. Jn17:21


My commentary:
This kind of love is extremely hard to grasp in a world and society thats relationships are so surface based. People in your life probably don't want to hear your pain, your troubles...they may listen to be polite... but do they truly feel for you. Ache for you?
That is the love that is offered by our sweet Father. My prayer is of thanks for that kind of love. It is so rare, so deep, so unconditional. It is amazing to reflect on the fact that God designed us to expereince this kind of LOVE.

I just Love that. :)

No comments: